Certified Fitting Specialists for Compression Stockings in Guelph
Medical Compression Stockings
In most cases, compression socks are prescribed by your doctor. We will take a series of measurements to ensure that the stockings fit perfectly. For those with a unique anatomical shape, we can also have custom compression stockings made especially for you.
Medical compression socks create a pressure gradient from the most pressure around the ankle to the least pressure toward the cuff of the sock. While gravity continues to pull fluid and blood down the leg, the stockings create the opposite effect encouraging blood and fluid back up the leg.
Medical compression stockings have a variety of benefits including:
- Helping travelers avoid swollen legs on planes
- Reducing swelling and preventing tired and achy legs during long periods of standing
- Eliminating pain and discomfort caused by varicose veins
- Preventing blood clots on flights, during pregnancy, and in the follow-up period after joint replacement surgery
- Treating varicose veins and swelling during pregnancy
At Applied Biomechanics, we recommend Venosan Compression Stockings for our patients.
Athletic Compression Stockings
At Applied Biomechanics, we also carry a wide range of athletic compression socks and compression stockings for athletes and active living.
Our collection of ReSOXX Athletic Compression Stockings increase venous blood flow, which means faster removal of lactic acid and other metabolic byproducts. ReSOXX will improve your performance, and can also help speed recovery-time post activity.